Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Never to be realised proyects, Part I.

1. Make a list. (this was always the first step in Magellan's advice in overcoming any distressing life event.)
I want to make a list of things so I can throw them away. For instance, that stupid collection of rose petals I have stashed away somewhere. I could make a list of all the people who gave me a rose and then throw the collection away. And I could add the list of all the films I went to see, including the name of the cinema, the date and hour, and, if I can remember, the person I went with. And then I can just grab the whole box of cinema tickets that's been lying around me somewhere ever since I was nine, and burn it, or eat it, or whatever I feel like. Then if I ever get nostalgic about going to the cinema with somebody, I can simply double-click on that excel file and read the list. They say it's healthy to clear out unused items and make your habitat feel neat and tidy and as empty as posible.
2. Get rid of the list.
Then, after a few years of never double-clicking on the excel file I will realise I didn't need any of that rubbish anyway, so I'll just move it to the trash located on the bottom-right corner of my desktop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes! Please let me know your thoughts!